Here are my predictions for the coming year:
- Bruce Forsyth will retire and hence will not be a main host on Strictly Come Dancing 2013 (although he may pop in to say hello).
- Despite rumours of a potential replacement, Ed Balls will still be Shadow Chancellor come the end of the year.
- Chris Huhne will return to the cabinet.
- Someone with a blog on the Lib Dem Blogs aggregator who has never been a parliamentarian will be enobled.
- The government will announce a timetable for the abolition of 1p and 2p coins.
- David Cameron will announce an in/out referendum on Europe to take place if the Conservatives win the next election.
- The Universal Credit will be delayed and eventually abandoned (this bit may happen next year) due to too many technical problems. IDS will resign when this finally happens.
- We will manage to get a government minister on as a guest on the House of Comments Podcast.
- One of either Mark Pack or Stephen Tall from off of Lib Dem Voice will appear on BBC's Question Time.
- For four years now I have predicted that Eddie Mair will become the main presenter of Question Time. But as Dimbleby_D still shows no signs of going anywhere any time soon I'm going to change this one. Mr Mair showed his mettle as a stand-in presenter on Newsnight during the Savile crisis so I now predict he will become a regular presenter on Newsnight when it is revamped this year.
- All around my hat I will wear the green willow, and all around my hat for a twelve month and a day.
Have a good one!