Here are my predictions for the coming year:
- Gordon Brown will not call a general election this year. I do not think he has the courage and he will run down the clock.
- Labour's poll ratings will nosedive again in the first half of the year as the recession really starts to bite. They will not recover.
- Peter Mandelson will be out of the cabinet again within the next 12 months.
- Ireland will again vote "No" in the second referendum on the Lisbon Treaty.
- DD will be back in the shadow cabinet but not as Shadow Home Secretary.
- Lynne Featherstone will be promoted to a high profile role on the Lib Dem front-bench.
- Eddie Mair will become the new host of Question Time.
- Jonathan Ross will leave the BBC.
- The US will make great strides in shifting their economy to low carbon.
- Solid state hard drives will start to become standard in laptops by the end of the year.
Happy New Year!