Here are my predictions for the coming year:
- Gordon Brown will push the General Election very late to May or June.
- There will be a hung parliament after the General Election with the Conservatives as the largest single party.
- The Lib Dems will lose seats despite the vote share being very similar to last time.
- David Miliband will become Labour leader after the election.
- England will go out of the World Cup in the quarter-finals (sorry to sound unpatriotic but 44 years of hurt and all that...)
- Like last year, I again predict that Eddie Mair will become the new host of Question Time.
- Caroline Lucas will become the Green Party's first MP.
- Nigel Farage will become UKIP's first elected MP.
- A senior Labour MP will defect to the Lib Dems.
- One of the major political bloggers will quit blogging altogether after the election.
Happy New Year!