Here are my predictions for the coming year:
- Labour will win the Oldham East and Saddleworth by-election but the Lib Dems will be a close second.
- All 3 main party leaders (Cameron, Clegg and Miliband_E) will still be in post by the end of the year.
- The AV referendum will be (narrowly) won.
- Sarah Palin will do something that will effectively end her chances of being a serious candidate for the 2012 US presidential election.
- A Lib Dem MP will resign the party whip to either sit as an independent or join another party.
- England will win the Rugby World Cup.
- For the third year running I predict that Eddie Mair will become the new host of BBC Question Time.
- Liam Fox will no longer be a cabinet minister by the end of the year.
- Including Old and Sad there will be 3 by-elections during the year.
- A petition signed by more than 100,000 people will trigger a debate in parliament about legalising cannabis.
Happy New Year!