Thoughts on politics and life from a liberal perspective

Monday 19 April 2010

Other Reckonings - 19th April 2010

  • Heresy Corner has a counterfactual exploring what could have happened had we have had a proportional electoral system in 2005. His main message is that we have nothing to fear from such a system. Amen.
  • LDV explains how Linda Jack wants your help to defeat Nadine Dorries. Please Jeebus make it happen!
  • Craig Murray asks if there's been something funny going on with recent polling.
  • Political Betting has the figures that suggest the Lib Dem surge shows no sign of abating.

Monday bonus. Just to show that even though we are in the midst of an election campaign I can still be non-partisan, here is the inimitable Conor Pope with his pitch for why you should vote Labour. I personally think "Build me up Buttercup" by The Foundations is the best one:

2 comments:

Conor Pope said...

That's my favourite bit too. Was utterly distraught when one commenter suggested I'd used it in a "sneering and sarcastic" manner - I genuinely love that song.

Mark Thompson said...

Me too. It's a classic!