Thoughts on politics and life from a liberal perspective

Thursday 25 February 2010

Election day

So my first election day as a candidate has dawned. The polls opened in Owlsmoor at 7:00am this morning.


I was canvassing up until last night and delivering "good morning" leaflets first thing this morning. I am Telling at the polling station later on and then will be going to the count this evening.

I had a nice experience just as I was finishing the leaflet delivery this morning. As I was going back to my car, I bumped into a chap who I had chatted to on the doorstep a couple of nights ago. He has given me a bit of a grilling previously (in a friendly way!) and he had told me that it was between me and the Conservatives for his vote. Well it looks like I persuaded him because this morning he told me that he was just coming back from the polling station and that he had "given me my chance"! Gave me a bit of a boost to start election day off with!

Hopefully the weather will stay nice and we will have a reasonable turnout.

I will post the results here when I know them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck, Mark!

Duncan Stott said...

Good luck!

Alexnoll said...

All the best!