Thoughts on politics and life from a liberal perspective

Sunday 28 March 2010

Other Reckonings - 28th March 2010

Apologies for the lack of posting in the last few days. Work has been mad busy and is not likely to ease at all for another couple of days at least.


In the meantime here are things that in my small amount of spare time have piqued my interest in the last few days:

  • The Heresiarch thinks Cameron should sack George Osborne. I couldn't agree more.
  • Blunt & Disorderly on Democracy and Power to the People. I don't think that's a reference to any 1970's Robert Lindsay sitcom either.
  • An essay from Sunder Katwala from 2007 examining the practicalities of reforming the electoral system. I don't agree with all his points but it is an interesting read. Well, for an electoral reform obsessive like me anyway!
  • Iain Roberts on Lib Dem Voice examins when people think the "Golden Age" was. A week last Thursday was pretty good for me...

Sunday bonus is an opening monologue from veteran of the UK alternative comedy circuit and now US chat show host Craig Ferguson. This is from 2007 around the time that Britney Spears was going through a rough patch. As a recovering alcoholic, Ferguson can identify only too well with those sort of problems and at the start of this edition he dispenses with the usual jokes and spends 12 minutes discussing his past experiences with a searing honesty. I don't know if this won him any awards but it should have done:


No comments: