Seeing as there has been so much discussion on Twitter and in the blogs tonight about the floated proposals from the government for electoral reform, I thought I'd make tonight's OR a special about that:
- Costigan Quist thinks the lack of proportionality with AV and a timetable will make this yet another piece of Brown fudge.
- Andy Hinton thinks that senior Lib Dems need to get a line on our view of AV fast! I can give them one right now!
- Jennie Rigg pleads to Cthulhu for STV and asks why can't we have it. Amen.
- Iain Dale thinks the move is an attempt to save Brown's face.
- And Conservative Home are unsurprisingly against the plans suggesting that there is no clamour for change. Maybe not from Tories but there is from many others quarters, I can assure them. What's more surprising is that most of the comments don't even seem to understand what AV is!
- One more for good luck. Rene Kinzett, Conservative PPC with a message to his fellow party members to embrace the opportunity to lead on reform. Looks like we might have another in the mould of Mr Carswell!